Sunday, November 13, 2011

Introduction

“O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth. But behold, I am a (wo)man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.” – (Alma 29:1-3)

“Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.” – (3 Nephi 5:13)

Who am I?
I am a daughter of God, who loves me, and I love him. I am striving to be a witness of Him in all things, in all places, at all times. I have taken His name upon me through baptism, and because of this I am striving to become more like Him. Goodness knows I am far from perfect. I have a lot of spiritual growth to do, and a lot of areas of my life that I need to work on. However, a testimony grows through the sharing of it. So I have decided that I would share thoughts from my studies of the Gospel, in hopes that I can reach those that need to hear what I have learned.

I hope to touch a variety of topics, as well as address stories in the scriptures (inclusive of the Old and New Testaments, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price, as well as words from the living prophet) so that I may learn and grow and gain a greater understanding of not just doctrinal topics, but have a better knowledge of the stories contained within these pages.
I would like to extend the invitation to you to learn with me. I hope that I may address a topic of interest to you, that we may both be edified by it. I hope that my words may answer prayers, so that I can help lead others to Him. This is my prayer and purpose, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment